What is the Oxfordshire Mind Information Service?
We’re Mind, the mental health charity. We’re here to make sure that anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support. The Information Service can provide anyone in Oxfordshire with information about mental health and signposting to services. It includes:
- A dedicated information line, open 9.30am-4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except bank holidays) – call 01865 247788
- An email information service – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Face-to-face Options session at venues around the county
- The Mind Guide (printed)
- The Mind Guide website
What is the Mind Guide?
The Mind Guide is a printed and online directory of mental health services in Oxfordshire which is produced and managed by Oxfordshire Mind.
Getting good reliable information can be crucial in helping people take the first step and seek help. With the Mind Guide, we hope that anyone with a mental health problem in Oxfordshire will find somewhere to turn for advice and support.
Which services are included in the Mind Guide?
To be listed in the Guide, services should primarily:
Be offering treatment or care for people with mental health problems
Be offering other services (support, housing etc.) for people with mental health problems or their families/carers
We may also list services that are aimed at maintaining the mental and emotional wellbeing of people who may be, due to their personal circumstances, at risk of developing mental illness.
There are a few other things we take into account, including:
- The type of service. We will not normally list private companies or any organisation that seems to have a commercial arm (or aim).
- The location of the service. We will try to restrict the directory to local services where possible, but will list national services where we feel that they provide an important addition to what exists locally.
We do take a flexible approach and inclusion in the Guide is ultimately at the discretion of Oxfordshire Mind’s Information Team, however we are trying to prevent the scope of the guide from becoming too wide.
We do not list:
- GPs. Please see our NHS Services page for more information on finding a GP.
- Solicitors. Please see our Legal Services page for more information about this.
- Individual counsellors or psychotherapists. Please see our Counselling and Psychotherapy page for more details.
Registered Charity Number 261476
Company Limited by Guarantee Number 4343625
Registered in England at registered office:
2 Kings Meadow, Oxford OX2 0DP