Be Free Young Carers
BE FREE YC is the only specialist charity supporting young carers in Oxfordshire (operating across South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse). Be Free YC are also expanding this year into Oxford in Summer 2022. They offer support and advice to improve the lives and wellbeing of young carers. They offer befriending and peer support, enabling young carers to meet socialise and have fun, increasing their self-confidence and improving their mental wellbeing.
How to Access this Service
By calling or emailing with the details below.
• Opening hours: 9:00am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
• Emotional support and befriending – Meeting with young carers to talk through their concerns, working with schools and families to help to alleviate isolation, anxiety and stress that so many young carers experience.
• Social Activities – Trips and workshops offering time for themselves away from their caring roles, to make friends, socialise and have fun.
• Training – In key skills such as first aid, cookery/nutrition and relaxation to improve their self-confidence and ability to cope in their caring roles.
• Young Carers Leisure Card – Discounted pay and play activities and gym use at local leisure centres across Southern Oxfordshire in partnership with BETTER Leisure.
Who is it for?
Be Free YC services are for families with 8–18 years old young carers based in South Oxfordshire, Vale of White Horse and Oxford. All genders welcomed.