Oxford Against Cutting
Oxford Against Cutting is a rights-based group working to help prevent harmful cultural practices, including female genital mutilation (FGM) and forced marriage, of girls and women living in the Thames Valley.
Oxford Against Cutting’s mission is to end practices that harm the bodily integrity of girls and women by:
• Providing education
• Supporting survivors
• Raising awareness of support services
• Empowering young people to champion initiatives
How to Access this Service
Please call or email.
• Professionals training/community workshops on FGM and Forced Marriage
• Primary school lessons for Key Stage 1 on staying safe and tackling sexual harm (lesson is based on the NSPCC PANTS campaign)
• Lessons for Years 5 and 6 on human rights and FGM
• Lessons for Year 7+ on FGM
• Body image workshops for year 8+ (include learning on FGM, female cosmetic genital surgery, unrealistic expectations for body images shown online and how pornography presents a distorted picture of sexual behaviour)