Oxford University Hospitals (OUH) – Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
The Oxford University Hospitals (OUH) Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is committed to improving the service we give to our patients. It is a confidential service that aims to:
– Advise and support patients, their families, and their carers.
– Listen to patients’ concerns, queries and suggestions.
– Help sort out problems quickly on your behalf.
– Inform patients, their families and their carers about the Trust’s Complaints Procedure.
– Assist you if you have any concerns about your rights as a patient and how the OUH is fulfilling its part of the NHS Constitution with regard to your own care.
How to Access this Service
You can get in touch via their email and social media. If you go to the web link below for telephone numbers, as each hospital has a different number.
Providing advice and support for those who attend the John Radcliffe Hospital, Churchill Hospital, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre and the General Horton Centre.
Who is it for?
Anyone and their friends/relatives who are accessing these hospitals.